This post is titled:
I put a linseed oil finish on the to make the grain pop and protect the wood from water and dirt a bit more. I made the straps by sewing fabric tubes and pulling rolls of cotton batting into them. I even braided some silk yarn to make the "between the toes" bits that hold the straps down (braid 75, for those of you keeping track).
I planed the sole pieces in a friend's planer, and drilled the holes for the straps on the drill press, but most everything else was done by hand. I cut all the pieces to length by hand, rounded the corners by hand, planed the "teeth" by hand, and cut the joinery for the teeth by hand.
2009.12.22 at 12:00am EST
All text and graphics copyright © 2007-2013 Elliott C. Evans except where otherwise noted.