This post is titled:
Instead of the pine we used in class, I used poplar. I also started with 1x12, 1x10, and 1x6, to make it with less cutting. I had to plane some of the parts down to width, but I think if I make another one, I will simply alter the design to use those standard lumber widths.
My hand-cut joinery is a lot tighter this time. I'm better with the chisels and more careful to clean out the mortises, and match them better with the tenons. It's still not perfect, but it's much better. Of course,it took me much longer than the first one did. I probably put in about 24 hours of work across three weekends.
2011.02.28 at 12:00am EST
All text and graphics copyright © 2007-2013 Elliott C. Evans except where otherwise noted.