This post is titled:
I've been braiding a bit lately to round out the year, and here they all are.
This braid was actually made using silk yarn I measured out but then decided not to you for braid 154. The original concept for that braid didn't have any black, but I decided it was necessary.
A 9-strand true shige uchi braid, this braid was also done with 24 plies of polyester embroidery thread per strand, in the traidtional fashion. That wasn't really enough, I think it came out too narrow. I'll use more next time.
Now, in lace weight silk yarn, 24 plies per strand is plenty. This might have been an over-reaction, but it's a nice length. It's in SCA West Kingdom colors, and might be a medallion cord. The next three braids are also medallion cord lengths, and in West Kingdom colors, but they are made with four plies of #10 cotton crochet thread per strand. I figured I might need some presents for Westies in the near future, so these would be nice to have on hand.
The first two were done as more practice in those under-practiced braids from the Creative Kumihimo project. I love the way the color pattern came out in the 8C braid.
I had a very productive 2011 braidwise. Braid 100 was the first braid of the year, and I did a couple dozen braids for the armor project. That's more than a braid a week! Many of these braids are relatively short, but still, sometimes I was completing a braid a day for several days ech week.
Have a good new year!
2011.12.31 at 12:00am EDT
All text and graphics copyright © 2007-2013 Elliott C. Evans except where otherwise noted.